Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4th Waseca, MN Ride 2

Ten degrees makes a difference.  I started out this morning at about 10 AM with the temperature at 18 degrees.  I figured since there was no wind, it would be fine.  NOT! At least not the way I was dressed.  I had worn the same outfit on previous winter rides, but it did not work for 18 degrees.  So, I made a 4.5 mile loop and got back home.   Waseca Morning Ride  I could have put more clothes on, but at that point my toes and fingers were kinda tingling. 

But, I got lucky, because instead of getting snowy an colder as the day went on (as the forecast predicted), it got sunny and up to 29 degrees.    So with the same outfit as this morning, and a 15 mph wind, I tried the ride again.   I was surprised how much difference the 10 degrees made.  I was still a bit on the cold side, as  you can see from the red cheeks, but it felt normal and tolerable.  Waseca Afternoon Ride

Once I got the wind at my back and the sun on my shoulder, the ride was a blast.  This is my day off, so I did not ride hard.  I tried to stretch out my legs, butt and back from the P90X Legs and Back workout the day before.  Beach Body Challenge.

I'm looking forward to a warmer week next week, and putting on a few more miles, if I can find the time.



Live Life to the PLUS+

No comments:

Post a Comment